iPhone is a series of smartphones that has been produced and marketed by Apple Inc. The first iPhone was unveiled by the owner of Apple Inc. Steve Jobs and was introduced in the market on June 29, 2007 and the fifth generation iPhone, the iPhone4S has been introduced to the market on October 14th 2011. Although iPhone has maintained its reputation as the best smartphone in the market, there have been some minor issues. The main problem with the iPhone has been the charging or battery.
Some of the common problems with iPhone charging and their solutions:
Problems and Solutions
The battery is not charging from the USB power adapter.
- It should be verified that the power outlet used is working.
- Another USB adapter is to be tried, if available.
- In case no other USB power adapter is available, a high power USB 2.0 port is to be tried on a turned on computer (not a keyboard).
- Another USB cable is to be tried if available.
- You can also refer to Charging the battery of iPhone and iPod touch.
iPhone displays the low-battery image and is unresponsive.
- If you see a symbol asking for charging, charge the phone for 15 minutes. If the screen still displays the low-battery icon, try turning iPhone off and then on again.
- If this issue persists then you should try resetting the iPhone while it is connected to the iPhone charger. You can do this by holding the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds.
- If this does not solve the problem, you should seek service.
Battery life seems short.
- You should check the longevity of the battery on www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html.
- Try turning the iPhone off and on again.
- Charge the iPhone for at least 10 minutes before you use it.
- Connect iPhone to iTunes and reset.
- Make sure that while the iPhone is charging, it gets fully charged before you start using it.
- If you are charging your iPhone through your computer make sure that you don’t charge it through the keyboard. And also the computer must be turned on and not in sleep mode or standby mode. If you do not do so the battery may drain.
If the phone does not turn on and turn off if it is not connected to power.
- You should first verify if the Sleep/Wake button is functioning properly. If it does not, look for signs of damage. If the button is damaged or not functioning you should consult service.
- You should also check if the Liquid Contact Indicator or the LCI in the headset jock or the dock connector is activated and also functioning properly.
- You should also try connecting the iPhone to a iPhone USB power adapter and then you should let it charge for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- If after you have charged it for 15 minutes the home screen appears then the iPhone should be working properly. Then charge the iPhone completely. Then unplug the phone from power. If the phone then turns off again you should consult service.
- If after you have charged it for 20 minutes the low battery image appears then see the “iPhone displays the low battery image and is unresponsive” section of the article.
- If the phone is not turning on, then try resetting it while it is connected to the USB power supply of the iPhone. For resetting, you should press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and also the Home button simultaneously for 10 seconds at least, until the Apple logo or the battery symbol appears. If the display is then turned on, go to step 4.
- Also restoring the iPhone can also be tried. To do this you should connect the iPhone to a computer and then open the iTunes. If the iPhone is recognized by the iTunes and it is indicated to be in the recovery mode, then attempt to restore the iPhone. If iTunes does not recognize the iPhone or if restoring it seems difficult, consult this article.
- If restoring the iPhone solves the problem then you should go back to step 4, or else you should consult service.
These are all the common problems and there solutions that can be faced regarding the charging or battery of the iPhone.